Statement of Faith
The statement of faith of the Geneva Academy is limited to primary Christian doctrine. We embrace the historic tenets of Christianity as confessed in the Nicene Creed. Beyond these primary doctrines, we respect and acknowledge the primacy of the family and refer any secondary doctrinal questions to parents for clarification.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, infallible, authoritative, and sufficient for all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- In the triune God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Jesus Christ: is God in the flesh, was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died as a substitute for our sins, arose after three days in the grave, ascended into heaven, and is coming again to receive His elect. (Isaiah 7:14; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- In the total depravity of man, the reality of sin, the necessity of the new birth, and salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 1:18-32; John 3:3)
- That salvation is solely by God’s sovereign grace through faith alone, apart from any works or any religious rituals. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Galatians 3:1-4)
- In the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, who died on behalf of spiritually dead sinners once and for all. (Ephesians 2:1-9; John 1:12)
- In the Person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration, and sanctification, who indwells every believer equipping them with gifts for service and witness. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Romans 8:9-11; Hebrews 2:1-4)
- The two distinct, complementary genders of male and female together reflect the image and nature of God. Since gender is divinely appointed rather than socially constructed, God desires all people to express their gender in accordance with their biological sex. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- That marriage is defined between one man and one woman. (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:24-25; Matthew 19:4-6)
- That sexual activity is created and blessed by God. It is only appropriate in a marriage between one man and one woman. Any form of sexual activity outside of marriage is sin. (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:24-25; Exodus 20:14,17; Leviticus 18:22-23; 20:13,15-16; Matthew 19:4-6; Romans 1:18-31; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 15-20; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; Jude 7)
Statement of Faith
Our board of directors is comprised of members of various churches and denominations. We welcome families from any church or denomination as long as they are able to affirm our statement of faith.
Classical education teaches students how to learn instead of what to think. It guides students through the natural phases of learning. Its goal is to inspire the soul to love what is true, good, and beautiful.
Geneva Academy exists to assist parents to cultivate students of wisdom and virtue to the benefit of man and the glory of God through a distinctly Christ-centered, academically rigorous classical and covenantal education.